Technology takes up a big part of our lives. It is always very upsetting when you are trying to do something and your computer freezes up. If you are a tech savvy person, then you can easily fix the problem. When your computer freezes up, you obviously can’t look up a solution online. You need to be prepared ahead of time in case you are faced with a problem.
Here are a few tips of what to do when your computer freezes up:
- Reboot your computer. The first thing you can do to unfreeze your computer is simply try to restart it. When the computer is operational again, you now can search for a problem. If the computer doesn’t restart try starting it in Safe Mode.
- Reinstall hardware drivers. Often, the reason your computer freezes up is a problem with hardware drivers. If the drivers are installed incorrectly, the computer will encounter a problem. You should think about the hardware that presented the problem, and go to the manufacturer’s tech support website. On this website, you should look for your hardware and download the newest driver for it. Sometimes the drivers that come in a package with the hardware are not up-to-date.
- Check for RAM. Bad RAM also can cause computer to freeze. When there is not enough random access memory or one of the memory sticks is not working properly, computer will take a very long time to process any requests or will try to restart itself. If that is the case, you should add additional RAM stick to your tower or replace the faulty one.
- Run anti-virus software. Viruses, spyware, and Trojans can cause computer to freeze. You should run anti-virus software to detect any computer intruders. Also, make sure that you have only one anti-virus program installed on your computer. Sometimes some programs can’t co-exist together creating a freezing problem.
- Perform dust cleaning. Computer dust can also cause a freezing problem. You should clean inside of your computer with dust-off products. Also you can download registry cleaner software to clean and repair registry problems.