If you are in a business where you need to contact many people at the same time and deliver the same message to them, sending emails one-by-one can be a hassle. The solution to this problem is to create a mailing list known as a distribution list.
Here are a few ways to set up a mailing list:
- Using Outlook.
- In Outlook click File ® New ® Distribution List.
- Type the name of the distribution list you are creating. Usually the name represents the mail group.
- Add email accounts to your distribution list using Add New option
- Save the list and close. Now you can email your messages to your mailing list.
- Using Excel.
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- In the first row you should make several columns. Each column should have column heading such as addressee’s name, street address, city, state, and zip code. You should use bold font for heading so you could tell the difference between headings and actual data.
- Type your mailing addresses.
- Save and close.
- You are ready for Word or other label making software.
- Using your primary email provider. Some email providers offer options to create distribution lists or import recipients email addresses into their contacts.
- Mailing list software. If you want to create a sophisticated mailing list, you should look into mailing list software. This software allows you to have contact information database and printing label capabilities all in one place. Price of these programs ranges from $25 to $60.