MPEG stands for Moving Picture Experts Group that was established in 1988 to set standards in audio and video compression and transmission. Since then MPEG format became a standard. MP3, also known as MPEG-1 Layer3, is a patented digital audio
encoding format. This format is primarily used for audio storage.
To convert MPEG to MP3 format, you will need software that you can either purchase or download for free. There are several websites that let you download its converters for free: cnet.download.com, xilisoft.com, and open source. When choosing free software, you should check the ratings of this converter. Many people leave their reviews. You should pay attention to reviews that specify difficulties and problems of the software.
Here are steps to convert MEG to MP3 with xilisoft converter:
- Launch the converter
- On the blue tool bar, click on add file
- Browse to your MPEG file and click OK
- In profile field select MP3 format
- Then click save as button
- Name the file and click OK
- In destination field browse the location to store the new MP3 file and click OK
- On the top blue tool bar, click on convert button
- File will start converting
- The conversion will take a few minutes
Xilisoft , just like the majority of conversion software, can convert multiple formats.