MOV format is a video format that plays in Quick Time multimedia framework that was developed by Apple. Many people who tried to convert MOV format to other formats had some difficulties. MP4 format is a multimedia format that was created in 1998 by the Moving Picture
Experts Group (MPEG). This format allows you to combine multimedia streams into one. Many video players support MP4 format.
To convert any movie files to different formats you need movie editing software or video converter software. However not every movie editing software has a capability to save in different formats. There are several programs that convert mov format to mp4 format.
Here are a few ways you can convert MOV to MP4 format:
- Purchase video converter. There are several very good video converter programs that will convert MOV to MP4 format. For example, OJOsoft video converter allows you to convert almost any video format. It provides you with the simple tutorial in case you need extra support. Here are a few simple steps you need to take to convert you video from MOV to MP4 with the converter:
- Open the converter
- Click on the browser to load your file
- When your file is loaded, you will see it in Input File Name field
- Click on MP4 profile to choose the appropriate video and audio speed and click convert
- The conversion will take a few minutes
- Download a trial version of video converter. If you need to convert two to three files, downloading a trial version of the video converter is a good way to do that. Usually any software offers a trial version for 30 days.
- Download a free converter. There are some sites such as open source or cnet.downloads that will let you to download software for free. Software from these websites might be limited in capabilities but they will do the simple conversion.