Los Angeles is a bustling metropolis with something for everyone. From warm sandy beaches to fantastic amusement parks and everything in between, you will never find yourself without something to do. Check out these quick tips on LA travel to plan your next trip to the land of sunshine and entertainment.
Famous for its amusement parks, LA travelers don't want to miss these top spots:
- Disneyland - the magic of this place will enchant children and adults alike.
- Disney's California Adventure - a Disney amusement park with crazy roller coasters and rides that make you scream, this wild theme park is geared toward an older audience.
- Knott's Berry Farm - with a mix of thrill and animated adventure rides along with a shopping center, this theme park is a great place to bring the whole family.
- LegoLand California - South of LA near San Diego but worth the extra drive, experience legos like you never have before!
- Magic Mountain - full of thrill rides and attractions, you can't not be entertained at this amusement park!
- Pacific Park - on the Santa Monica Pier over the beautiful Pacific Ocean, enjoy carnival games and slow moving rides such as a Ferris Wheel and a small roller coaster.
- Universal Studios Hollywood - explore movie studios, special effect techniques, attractions and movie-based rides.
- Wild Rivers Water Park - a plethora of fun water rides to help cool you off in the Southern California heat!
It can be hard to choose a place to dip your toes in the surf considering there are more than 20 beautiful, sandy beaches in Los Angeles. Here are the top 3 I recommend:
- Manhattan Beach – you will have the time of your life with beach volleyball tournaments, views of Santa Monica Bay and a paved walking path for exercise or a romantic stroll.
- Dockweiler Beach - the only beach you can that legally allows you to have a bonfire. Bring the hot dogs and marshmellows!
- Redondo Beach - loads of soft sand to play and lay in, and a paved walking path along the beach. The pier has amusement attractions for all ages.
Among the countless museums you want to visit when planning LA travel, here are 8 you don't want to miss:
- The Getty Center - classic and modern art and photography.
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art - the history of art from ancient to present times.
- The California Science Center - exploration of science
- The Autry National Center Museum of the American West -experience the true story of the American West and its cowboys.
- Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits – check out ice age fossils and observe an ongoing excavation.
- The Hollywood Museum in the Max Factor Building – the most comprehensive Hollywood movie history around!
- The Griffith Observatory - learn about stars, planets, solar systems and galaxies. Take a look at the universe yourself through advanced telescopes.
- The Museum of Tolerance –learn about historical injustices such as the Holocaust and injustice currently going on in the world.